Saturday, February 2, 2008

Blackberry 7250

BlackBerry 7250
The Blackberry 7250 is definitely a phone from the past but even know I still like it. I’ve been using the 7250 for over 4 years now and it has yet to let me down. I’ve dropped it from 6 feet onto pavement and it merely scratched the case.

Here are a few of the technical specifications for the Blackberry 7250:

  • Street price: Less than $100 (unlocked).
  • Dual-band network support for 800/1900 MHz.
  • Bluetooth support.
  • Backlit QWERTY-style keyboard.
  • Integrated address book, calendar, memo pad, task list.

Things I like
The Blackberry 7250 is by far my favourite cell phone that I have ever owned. A while back I reviewed another cellphone that I have, the Motorola V360, and even the the V360 is fairly new this 4 year old blackberry beats it in every way. RIM (the makes of the Blackberry) did an excellent job when it came to making a high quality cell phone. The 7250 has a great QWERTY backlight keyboard that makes sending emails and text messages a breeze. In comparison to the normal cell phone keyboard I can send messages about 8 times faster.

BlackBerry 7250 pdaThe other thing I like about the 7250 is the operating system on the phone. All of the applications are laid out in an easy to use fashion and you can get to anything on your phone in 3 clicks or less. The included scroll wheel also makes going through long emails or surfing web pages easy.

The main thing that I didn’t like about the V360 was it’s flimsy feel. Every time I used it I was worried about breaking it. Luckily with the 7250 you don’t have to worry about that problem. This thing is a tank and you could drop it off your house if you wanted to.

Overall I love the Blackberry 7250.

Things I don’t like
The only thing I don’t like is that the button to get to the phone is located on the top of the device. This means when you’re placing it into a holder or case you often accidentally hit the button. This isn’t that big of a problem but I would have liked to see the button located elsewhere on the device.

Pros:

  • Excellent phone
  • Fairly inexpensive
  • Great operating system
  • Sturdy feel to it

Cons:

  • Phone button is located on the top and can be accidentally hit when placing the phone into a case or holder.

Final Thoughts
If you don’t have the $400+ to get a newer blackberry I suggest that you pick up the 7250. This phone is great because it has so many different applications and it only costs $100. I’ve been using it for 4 years and its my favourite cell phone so far. I recommend it to anyone who wants to pick up a low-cost blackberry.

No comments: