Monday, December 24, 2007

LG Shine

LG Shine

The LG Shine is an extremely nice looking cell phone. It features a large screen and a normal keyboard. The Shine also features a 2MP camera, a good video camera as well as a microSD memory card slot.

The Shine is not a big handset measuring only 99.8 x 50.6 x 13.8 mm but its all metal construction accounts for the hefty weight of 119 g. Honestly, the handset doesn’t feel heavy at all and the added weight in fact adds for a feel of solidness that is rarely seen in modern mobile phones.


Here are a few of the technical specifications for the Shine:

  • Street price: $329.99 (unlocked)
  • Stylish all metal design with mirror finish display
  • QVGA display resolution
  • 2 megapixel autofocus camera with Schneider-Kreuznach lens
  • microSD memory card slot

ShineThings I like
The Shine is one of the nicest looking phones I’ve seen for a long time. The large mirror finish screen is a really nice feature to have. Overall I really liked this phone. Because of it’s metal design it has a very nice hefty feel to it. A number of phones these days feel so light that I’m always scared of breaking them when I touch it. With the Shine you’ll never have that problem.

Another thing I like about the Shine is that you can answer the phone without having to slide it open. A number of sliders force you to slide the phone open to answer it and this can be very annoying after a while. I think the Shine has a really good design and is a great cell phone.

Things I don’t like
The large mirror finish screen on the Shine is a finger print magnet. When the screen is on you can barely notice these finger prints but unfortunately when the screen is off these finger prints are annoying. The other thing that I dislike about the Shine is its poor menu navigation. When I was trying to navigate around the menus on the phone I had a big trouble finding some things. I personally think LG could have designed it much better than they did. Other than these couple of things I really like the Shine.

Pros:

  • Large mirror finish screen
  • Excellent design, feels hefty
  • You don’t have to open it to answer the phone

Cons:

  • Expensive
  • Problematic scroller response
  • Shoots video in QCIF resolution only
  • Fingerprint magnet

Final Thoughts
The LG Shine is an excellent phone. It looks great, has a great design and is very practical. If it wasn’t for the steep price I would recommend this phone to everyone. Unfortunately because of its price not everyones going to be able to afford it. If you’re in need of a new phone plan you’ll be able to get this phone for a little cheaper. If you’re in need of a phone I would totally recommend the LG Shine.

No comments: