Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Nokia N95

Nokia N95Nokia N95 is a Nseries Smart Phone which is based on S60 Platform (which is a set of libraries for smart phones consisting of libraries, multimedia player etc) and Symbian OS Operating system (this OS is designed for Mobile Devices). Being a smart phone and loaded with software it makes it unique among all the N series.

It can be described as phone which gives you 5 Mega Pixel camera, DVD Quality Footage, browsing and GPS mapping. It can be called as complete phone with just one glitch , though its a twin slider the design is not a ground breaking one.

Technical specifications for the Nokia N95:

  • Street Price: $579.97 to $864.95
  • Integrated GPS System.
  • 5 Mega pixel Camera.
  • HSDPA technology gives you a download speed of 3.6 Megabits per second.
  • Video Recording Nearly DVD quality.
  • 2.6 inch Horizontal wide screen for watching videos and Maps.
  • USB 2.0 and Bluetooth 2.0 support
  • Hardware accelerated PowerVR 3D graphics which makes graphics go high.
  • 160 MB memory inbuilt and microSD memory Slot.

Nokia N95 music

Things I like
The thing I most like about the N95 is its excellent screen size which allows for a very clear view for videos. Because the screen is so nice you won’t have a problem watching your music videos or actual videos if you get a large enough SD card. Another thing I like is the sound clarity of the music player. When I was listening to it I couldn’t tell the difference between the N95 and a iPod. The final thing that I like about the N95 is the fact that it has a 5 megapixel camera attached to it! This is by far the best camera you’ll find in a phone.

Things I don’t like
My largest pet peeve with this product is the fact that the software seems to hang a lot. I was trying to use it to play a few games and every once and a while it would just hang. This would be very frustrating if you were trying to use the GPS software to actually go somewhere. Another problem I have with this phone is the fact that it has very little inbuilt memory. This means if you want to store a lot of photos or music you’ll quickly go through it and have to invest in more memory. The final problem I have with the N95 is its battery life. It doesn’t even last a day! I know that it does have a lot of features but if you’re away from a plug the phone essentially becomes a paperweight.

Pros:

  • Excellent Screen Size
  • Amazing Sound Clarity
  • 5 Mega Pixel Camera
  • Wi-Fi is given a huge support on N95

Cons:

  • Software tends to freeze
  • Not enough memory
  • The Battery along with this phone doesn’t even last a day
  • The design is not that attractive

Final Thoughts
This phone is good but then it’s not for everybody. You might have to think before buying it specially because of the battery aspect. I personally don’t like it and I wouldn’t pay for it but that is just my opinion.

No comments: